what exactly are relational operators in Excel? All math symbol?

  1. #1
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: what exactly are relational operators in Excel? All math symbol?

    Numeric expressions can be set up using arithmetic operators, relational
    operators, and/or functions, so they are thus not "valid relational
    operators."

  2. #2
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: what exactly are relational operators in Excel? All math symbol?

    Hi. In Excel Help, do a search for "About calculation operators"

    Excel calls them "Comparison Operators". Other terms might be "Relational
    operators."
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/operator.html

    (In the Math program Mathematica, terms like <, =, >, etc are found under
    "Relational Operators" also.)
    Good luck on the test!!
    --
    Dana DeLouis
    Win XP & Office 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: what exactly are relational operators in Excel? All math symbol?

    Hi!

    I am by no means an expert on these matters but in some formula constructs
    plus (+) can mean the relational expression OR and multiply (*) can mean the
    relational expression AND.

    Biff

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: what exactly are relational operators in Excel? All math symbol?

    Your textbook is right.

  5. #5
    JC
    Guest

    RE: what exactly are relational operators in Excel? All math symbol?

    Thanks a lot! I am going back to college after 40 years, and hope to get 4.0

  6. #6
    JC

  7. #7
    JC
    Guest

    Re: what exactly are relational operators in Excel? All math symb

    Thanks I will try it.

  8. #8
    Biff

  9. #9