Could you help me to calculate overtime

  1. #1
    Svetlana
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    Thank you very much Jon, your help was very good! but i have another
    question. what formula i have to use to show how many hours haven't been done
    to meet an allowed hours. for example, it was done 135 hours but driver was
    allowed to do 190 hours. so i need to show the result. i have got only one
    column to show overtime or "undertime". is it possible?
    Thank you
    Svetlana

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    just a suggestion

    =MAX(0,D$13-$B$11)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Svetlana
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    Hello Jon.
    Thank you for help but i couldn't open this file, because after i tryed to
    download this file, the message "Invalid Attachment specified" appeared.
    Could you send it for me again, please.
    Thank you
    Svetlana

  4. #4
    Svetlana
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    Thank you very much Jon. But one thing is confusing me.
    When Total time for month is, will say, 83:35 hours, this formula =+D12*24
    gives you 83.58. So we have a difference in minutes. What shell i do?
    Thank you
    Sveta

  5. #5
    Svetlana
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    Hi again. this time i could open your attachment. thank you
    Sveta

  6. #6
    Svetlana
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    Hi Jon
    Thank you very much for your help. and YES, Excel can give you just a bit of
    headache (my boss can't understand what can be so complicate in calculating
    the difference between hours!!!)
    So what i've done may be not very clever and smart, but i made another
    column for "undertime" and used formula
    =IF(D13>$B$11,0,B11-$D$13)
    (so used your formula other way round )
    seems to be it is working.
    Thank you very much!
    Svetlana

  7. #7
    Svetlana

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    just a suggestion

    =MAX(0,D$13-$B$11)

    RP

    "Jon Quixley" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  11. #11
    Svetlana

  13. #13
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    just a suggestion

    =MAX(0,D$13-$B$11)

    RP

    "Jon Quixley" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  15. #15
    Svetlana

  17. #17
    Svetlana

  19. #19
    Svetlana

  20. #20
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    just a suggestion

    =MAX(0,D$13-$B$11)

    RP

    "Jon Quixley" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  24. #24
    Svetlana

  25. #25
    Svetlana

  28. #28
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    just a suggestion

    =MAX(0,D$13-$B$11)

    RP

    "Jon Quixley" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  29. #29
    Svetlana

  31. #31
    Svetlana
    Guest

    Could you help me to calculate overtime

    Hello.
    I need your help to calculate an overtime for drivers. I warked out total
    time and time allowed to drive for a month (48 hours * 4/5). Now i need to
    find a different between hours Total and Allowed (for example, hours Total
    for a month is 83:35, Hours allowed - 192:00. to find out if a driver made
    overtime i substruct 83:35 from 192:00 - so driver didn't do overtime. So
    1st problem, i don't know what format or formula to use to do this
    2nd problem - if driver did overtime last month this figure have to float to
    the next month. How to do this?
    Thank you
    Svetlana

  32. #32
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    just a suggestion

    =MAX(0,D$13-$B$11)

    RP

    "Jon Quixley" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  33. #33
    Svetlana

  37. #37
    Svetlana

  38. #38
    Svetlana

  40. #40
    Svetlana

  43. #43
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Could you help me to calculate overtime

    just a suggestion

    =MAX(0,D$13-$B$11)

    RP

    "Jon Quixley" <[email protected]>