How do I input zeroes in a zip code for a mail merge?

  1. #1
    db
    Guest

    RE: How do I input zeroes in a zip code for a mail merge?

    Couple ways:

    1) Format the cell as Text: Format->Cells->Text
    2) Enter the zip code with a ' preceding the number, i.e. enter 00345 as
    '00345
    3) Enter the zip code with the formula ="00345"

    Number 1 will probably be most usefull to you.
    db

  2. #2
    sirknightly
    Guest

    Re: How do I input zeroes in a zip code for a mail merge?

    Suarez,

    Change the format of the cell. Select the cells into which you are
    inputting your zip codes, Then click Format...Cells...Number. Click on
    "Custom" in the list and in the "Type:" field, enter 00000.

    Knightly

    --
    sirknightly

  3. #3
    S_Suarez
    Guest

    RE: How do I input zeroes in a zip code for a mail merge?

    Thanks so much! Your post was very helpful!

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How do I input zeroes in a zip code for a mail merge?

    Format the cells as Text first

    Format->Cells->Number tab, then select Text

  5. #5
    S_Suarez
    Guest

    RE: How do I input zeroes in a zip code for a mail merge?

    Thank you so much for your help!

  6. #6
    S_Suarez

  7. #7