How do I separate a text value with dashes?

  1. #1
    Ray A
    Guest

    RE: How do I separate a text value with dashes?

    One way
    Have a look at Data>Text to Columns. You test is delimited and the delimiter
    is other "-" select your destination cell
    HTH

  2. #2
    Chuck Snyder
    Guest

    Re: How do I separate a text value with dashes?

    Assume the number you want to separate is in cell a1 and you want to
    separate it into b1, c1, d1 and e1. The following formulas will do it:

    in b1, use =left (a1,1)
    in c1, use =mid (a1,3,1)
    in d1, use =mid (a1,5,3)
    in e1, use =right(a1,3)

    Fill these columns down and you'll distribute all the numbers in column a
    across b, c, d, and e.

    Chuck

  4. #4
    Ray A