NOT UNDERSTANDING THE FORMULA

  1. #1
    PAPABEAR2252
    Guest

    NOT UNDERSTANDING THE FORMULA

    1. COLUNM A= IS THE QUANITY, COLUMN G= IS THE PRICE, COLUMN H=IS THE TOTAL -
    ALL THE WAY DOWN.
    2. EXAMPLE= 1O CHAIRS @ $2.00 = $20.00

    THUS, WHAT WOULD BE THE FORMULA FOR THIS TO BE REPEATED IN THESE COLUMNS
    CONTINOUSLY

    3. AND FINALLY, THE FUNCTION TO ADD ALL OF COLUMN H AND PRINT ITS TOTAL

  2. #2
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: NOT UNDERSTANDING THE FORMULA

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 05:37:03 -0700, PAPABEAR2252
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >1. COLUNM A= IS THE QUANITY, COLUMN G= IS THE PRICE, COLUMN H=IS THE TOTAL -
    >ALL THE WAY DOWN.
    >2. EXAMPLE= 1O CHAIRS @ $2.00 = $20.00
    >
    >THUS, WHAT WOULD BE THE FORMULA FOR THIS TO BE REPEATED IN THESE COLUMNS
    >CONTINOUSLY
    >
    >3. AND FINALLY, THE FUNCTION TO ADD ALL OF COLUMN H AND PRINT ITS TOTAL

    Assuming total is in H1 and data starts on row 2
    H1 =sum(H2:H65536)
    H2---> =A2*G2

    If you merely want to print the total then

    Sub PrintTotal
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
    Range("H1").PrintOut
    End Sub

    should suffice.

    Incidentally use of capitals throughout is generally considered bad
    practice in news groups and elsehwere.

    Rgds

    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
    __________________________

  3. #3
    PAPABEAR2252

    "Richard Buttrey" wrote:

    > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 05:37:03 -0700, PAPABEAR2252
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >1. COLUNM A= IS THE QUANITY, COLUMN G= IS THE PRICE, COLUMN H=IS THE TOTAL -
    > >ALL THE WAY DOWN.
    > >2. EXAMPLE= 1O CHAIRS @ $2.00 = $20.00
    > >
    > >THUS, WHAT WOULD BE THE FORMULA FOR THIS TO BE REPEATED IN THESE COLUMNS
    > >CONTINOUSLY
    > >
    > >3. AND FINALLY, THE FUNCTION TO ADD ALL OF COLUMN H AND PRINT ITS TOTAL

    > Assuming total is in H1 and data starts on row 2
    > H1 =sum(H2:H65536)
    > H2---> =A2*G2
    >
    > If you merely want to print the total then
    >
    > Sub PrintTotal
    > ActiveSheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
    > ActiveSheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
    > Range("H1").PrintOut
    > End Sub
    >

    > should suffice.
    >
    > Incidentally use of capitals throughout is generally considered bad
    > practice in news groups and elsehwere.
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > __
    > Richard Buttrey
    > Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
    > __________________________

    Richard, I am very sorry for using caps, its because of my sight that I type
    in caps. And thanks for your assistance in that matter, but, again its not
    the right formula that I desire. its like an order sheet and each line
    has a quanity and unit price. thus reading across each line, you have a
    product.
    Then at the end of column H, all items would be added together.
    But again, thanks for your help.

    papabear2252

  4. #4
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: NOT UNDERSTANDING THE FORMULA

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:46:03 -0700, PAPABEAR2252
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Richard Buttrey" wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 05:37:03 -0700, PAPABEAR2252
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >1. COLUNM A= IS THE QUANITY, COLUMN G= IS THE PRICE, COLUMN H=IS THE TOTAL -
    >> >ALL THE WAY DOWN.
    >> >2. EXAMPLE= 1O CHAIRS @ $2.00 = $20.00
    >> >
    >> >THUS, WHAT WOULD BE THE FORMULA FOR THIS TO BE REPEATED IN THESE COLUMNS
    >> >CONTINOUSLY
    >> >
    >> >3. AND FINALLY, THE FUNCTION TO ADD ALL OF COLUMN H AND PRINT ITS TOTAL

    >> Assuming total is in H1 and data starts on row 2
    >> H1 =sum(H2:H65536)
    >> H2---> =A2*G2
    >>
    >> If you merely want to print the total then
    >>
    >> Sub PrintTotal
    >> ActiveSheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
    >> ActiveSheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
    >> Range("H1").PrintOut
    >> End Sub
    >>

    >> should suffice.
    >>
    >> Incidentally use of capitals throughout is generally considered bad
    >> practice in news groups and elsehwere.
    >>
    >> Rgds
    >>
    >> __
    >> Richard Buttrey
    >> Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
    >> __________________________

    >Richard, I am very sorry for using caps, its because of my sight that I type
    >in caps. And thanks for your assistance in that matter, but, again its not
    >the right formula that I desire. its like an order sheet and each line
    >has a quanity and unit price. thus reading across each line, you have a
    >product.
    >Then at the end of column H, all items would be added together.
    >But again, thanks for your help.
    >
    >papabear2252

    Hi,

    I was interpreting your requirement as follows

    A G H
    1 Qty Price 94
    2 10 2 20
    3 5 4 20
    4 6 9 54
    ..
    Have I misunderstood this? if so if you'd post an example containing a
    few sets of data I'll have another go.

    Sorry about the capitals comment. I fully understand.

    Rgds

    ..
    __
    Richard Buttrey