Formula to determine whether number falls within range??

  1. #1
    Cat
    Guest

    Formula to determine whether number falls within range??

    Help - I need to set up a formula that determines whether a number falls
    within a certain range. If not, I need it to show how much under or over the
    number is from the range.

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Formula to determine whether number falls within range??

    =IF(AND(A1>=A2,A1<+A3),"Within Range",IF(A1<A2,A2-A1&" below range",A1-A3&"
    above range"))

    A1 is your number A2 & A3 are lower and upper limits of the range.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Formula to determine whether number falls within range??

    try
    =if(num < lower bound,num-lower bound,if(num>upperbound,num-upper
    bound,"within range")

  4. #4
    Cat
    Guest

    Re: Formula to determine whether number falls within range??

    Ian, thank you.

  5. #5
    Cat
    Guest

    RE: Formula to determine whether number falls within range??

    Thank you for your help.