Calculating a Date for the Future

  1. #1

    Exclamation Calculating a Date for the Future

    I am trying to find a formula to calculate a date in the future. Let me explain what I mean.... I work for a radio station and I have to form a prize database. Listeners are only aloud to win once every ninety days. I have 10 columns that have unfilled dates since a date will only be entered into that column once the listener has won. Now, I have an 11th column that I would like to automatically calculate a 90 day period when the listener will be able to win again. Here is where my problem is, I want that 11th column to update once I enter a second, third, fourth, etc date for that specific listener and it always to calculate a 90 day period from the second, third, fourth, etc date without having to put a new formula in every time this happens. Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Waiau Pa NZ
    =MAX(A1:J1)+90
    should do the trick

    extend down the column as far as you need to
    using the right hand borrom corner of cell K1
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill Kuunders

  3. #3
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    Assuming your first date column is A and your first row containing a date is 2:

    In K2 type:

    =IF(A2>0,MAX(A2:J2)+90,"")

    Copy this formula down as far as is necessary.

  4. #4
    BorisS
    Guest

    RE: Calculating a Date for the Future

    Pretty sure that if the 11th cell of any row reads "max(range of previous 10
    cells)+90", you should be good. It'll take the highest date out of the cells
    in the range (which, of course, copy individually to each row and so only
    refer to the immediate left 10 cells) and just add 90 days to it.
    --
    Boris