How to sum the values of a single cell from multiple worksheets

  1. #1
    Ratman
    Guest

    How to sum the values of a single cell from multiple worksheets

    I have a worksheet for each month and a Year total worksheet. I would like
    to sum up the corresponding monthly values into the same cell on the Year
    total worksheet. I seem to recall that there is a simple way to do this
    but...it's been more that 10 minutes ago.

  2. #2
    try using the sum formula. For example if the sheets were named Jan, Feb with values in cells A1 to A10 use =sum('Jan'!A1:A10,'Feb'!A1:A10)

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How to sum the values of a single cell from multiple worksheets

    Let's say you monthly worksheets were name jan, feb, mar,....and year was the
    yearly sheet. Your formula for A1 in the year sheet would be:

    =jan!A1+feb!A1+mar!A1.....
    --
    Gary''s Student

  4. #4
    Gilbert De Ceulaer
    Guest

    Re: How to sum the values of a single cell from multiple worksheets

    +SUM(jan:dec!a1) will do
    Regards
    GDC

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to sum the values of a single cell from multiple worksheets

    Rat

    Enter in your Grand Total cell in sheet1.

    =SUM(sheet2:sheet5!B4)

    Alternative, which most prefer and lends itself to flexibility in naming,
    deleting and moving sheets.

    Insert a dummy sheet to the right of the Grand Total sheet. Name it Start

    Insert a dummy sheet at end of sheets. Name it End.

    In Grand Total sheet enter =SUM(Start:End!B4)

    When inserting new sheets make sure they are inserted between Start and End
    sheets.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Gilbert De Ceulaer
    Guest

    Re: How to sum the values of a single cell from multiple worksheets

    OK, simpler yet : =sum(Jan:Dec!A1:A10)