convert measurements

  1. #1
    AKJ
    Guest

    convert measurements

    I am trying to convert inches to millimeters on a page of data . I can
    convert a single number OK but when I try a whole page using cell references
    all I get is a refernce to circular equations which I do not understand as is
    the case with excel help on circular references. Excel help says it is
    possible to convert a whole table but does not work for AKJ. Any help to
    what I am sure is a simple problem for the experts would be appreciated.
    --
    AKJ

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: convert measurements

    We know that to convert inches to millimeters we must mutiply by 25.4

    In an un-used cell, enter 25.4

    select that cell and copy it

    Then select the group of cells you want to convert and paste Special with
    the mutiply button checked. Excel will mutiply all the cells in the group by
    25.4

    Good Luck
    --
    Gary''s Student