how to turn off design mode

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    how to turn off design mode

    Hello,

    I have an excel file that I'm distributing to other users and they have a
    problem where excel defaults to design mode when they open the file, this
    causes them have problems like selecting the textbox object rather then
    putting the curser in the box. they do not know how to exit design mode on
    their own.

    I want to put some code in the workbook_open event that will check if
    they're in design mode and exit if necessary, but I can't find the right
    command. Any body know what it is?

    Paul

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: how to turn off design mode

    If it defaults to design mode, it's cause they have macro security set to
    high (which is too high). Must be medium (recommended) or low.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: how to turn off design mode

    Ahhhhhh! that's not what i wanted to hear (although i should've known that).
    now i'll have to explain to these people that they need to have their
    security set to medium. they're going to think that the second they click the
    option for "medium" that their computer will instantly be infected with
    everything from the melissa virus to hepatitis B. I might as well try writing
    a macro that lowers their security to medium - it would be equally futile but
    slightly less frustrating.

    Thanks for the help Anne.