Mixing up the arguments

  1. #1

    Mixing up the arguments

    I would like to be able to have an IRR function that has formulas and numbers inside. For example:

    =IRR((-a1,c3,400,d4+f9,e10),0.12)

    Of course, Excel doesn't permit this. I tried the value function (i.e. value(d4+f9)), but it didn't work. What can I do?

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Mixing up the arguments

    I don't know the IRR function, but if the only issue is with d4+f9, then use
    another cell to sum these then reference the sum cell.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Mixing up the arguments

    IRR seems to want an array or a range. Can you either put the values in a
    contiguous range, maybe creating a range that refers to your values =A1,
    =C£,=D4+D9, etc., or pass directly, like

    =IRR({-2000,1500,400,2000,2500},0.12)

    Bob Phillips

    "michaelr586" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...