Include Subtotal in SumIf

  1. #1
    Bonobo
    Guest

    Include Subtotal in SumIf

    I would need to sum a range of cells that match a certain condition (SUMIF),
    but I would need it to work as well being limited by the autofilter... anyone
    to help?

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Include Subtotal in SumIf

    Try...

    =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(Range,ROW(Range)-MIN(ROW(Range)),0,1)),--(R
    ange=Criterion),RangeToSum)

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Bonobo
    Guest

    Re: Include Subtotal in SumIf

    1. I am really gratefull for the help, it works!
    2. I am really frustrated as I don't understand the formula...

  4. #4
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Include Subtotal in SumIf

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Bonobo <[email protected]> wrote:

    > 1. I am really gratefull for the help, it works!
    > 2. I am really frustrated as I don't understand the formula...

    Let's assume that A1:C6 contains your data, and that the data is
    filtered for 'x' with the following result...

    Row 1 Label1 Label3 Label2
    Row 2 x red 10
    Row 4 x red 12
    Row 6 x blue 15

    If we have the following formula...

    =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B6,ROW(B2:B6)-MIN(ROW(B2:B6)),0,1)),--(B
    2:B6="Red"),C2:C6)

    SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B6,ROW(B2:B6)-MIN(ROW(B2:B6)),0,1)) evaluates to:

    {1;0;1;0;1}

    Visible cells containing data are assigned 1 and hidden cells are
    assigned 0.

    --(B2:B6="Red") evaluates to:

    {1;0;1;1;0}

    Each cell is evaluated as TRUE or FALSE, which is then coerced by the
    double negative '--' into its numerical equivalent of 1 and 0,
    respectively.

    C2:C6 evaluates to:

    {10;16;12;18;15}

    SUMPRODUCT then multiplies the evaluations...

    {10;0;12;0;0}

    ....which it sums, and returns 22.

    Hope this helps!