Can Excel2002 determine if a calculated date is a business day?

  1. #1
    jsmahnken
    Guest

    Can Excel2002 determine if a calculated date is a business day?

    I have a fairly complicated spreadsheet that utilizes various entered dates
    to calculate other dates. The calculated dates must be business days. Is
    there a function in Excel 2002 that determines whether or not the calculated
    date is a business date?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel2002 determine if a calculated date is a business day?

    Check out the Help on NETWORKDAYS Function.

    It is one of the Functions in the Analysis Toolpak add-in.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel2002 determine if a calculated date is a business day?

    Gord Dibben wrote...
    >Check out the Help on NETWORKDAYS Function.
    >
    >It is one of the Functions in the Analysis Toolpak add-in.

    NETWORKDAYS could be used to check if a particular date, D, were a
    workday or not, but it's not immediately obvious how to do so even
    after reading online help for this function. The idiom is

    =NETWORKDAYS(D,D,Holidays)=1

    which returns TRUE if D is a workday or FALSE if not.

    FWIW, NETWORKDAYS isn't necessary. The following formula returns TRUE
    if D is a workday, FALSE if not.

    =AND(WEEKDAY(D,2)<6,COUNTIF(Holidays,D)=0)

    This formula is much more flexible. It can handle workdays other than
    MTWTF.