summarize data sheet

  1. #1
    GateKeeper
    Guest

    summarize data sheet

    I have a spreadsheet with 11 columns and 333 records. I need to create a
    summary based on the data in one of the columns.

    The data looks like this:
    Item, Brand, Form, Formula, Size, Units
    I need to summarize the data by "Form", like this:

    form1: count(brands); count(forms); count(formulas)
    form2: count(brands); count(forms); count(formulas)

    So for each Form, I need the number of brands that have that form, etc.

    What can I do?

    GateKeeper
    Experienced Computer User

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: summarize data sheet

    Gate: All you need to do is learn the Subtotals feature. See:
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    GateKeeper
    Guest

    Re: summarize data sheet

    Unfortunately, that will not work for my purposes. I need to see a COUNT of
    the number of brands that use a particular form. Subtotals just gives me a
    count of the number of forms. I will keep trying to find an answer.
    --
    GateKeeper
    Experienced Computer User

  4. #4
    GateKeeper
    Guest

    Re: summarize data sheet

    That actually worked for me, but it is very clumsy to use. I want to
    find some kind of formula that works, so I can summarize several columns
    at once, and link to the summaries from another page.