Rounding Data Question

  1. #1

    Question Rounding Data Question

    I have an excel sheet made for my employees. I want them to enter their hours in the cells that are unlocked and then have that number they entered to be rounded to the nearest 0.5 hour. Many of them seem to have trouble rounding, so it saves the hastle.

    How do I create a function or use a function that allows them to enter in a number, then rounds it automatically?

    Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Rounding Data Question

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:48:12 -0500, sheabones
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have an excel sheet made for my employees. I want them to enter their
    >hours in the cells that are unlocked and then have that number they
    >entered to be rounded to the nearest 0.5 hour. Many of them seem to
    >have trouble rounding, so it saves the hastle.
    >
    >How do I create a function or use a function that allows them to enter
    >in a number, then rounds it automatically?
    >
    >Thanks for the help

    =ROUND(A1/TIME(0,30,0),0)*TIME(0,30,0)

    --ron