days caculation

  1. #1
    Joe
    Guest

    days caculation

    Hello

    Is there a way you can calculate working days between two days rather that
    all days?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: days caculation

    look at the NETWORKDAYS() function, which requires you have the Analysis
    Toolpak installed (tools-Addins.. and make sure the Analysis Toolpak is
    checked)

  3. #3
    Ron Moore
    Guest

    RE: days caculation

    This formula will give you the number of weekdays Monday through Friday
    which fall in the date interval A1 to B1 inclusive:

    =SUMPRODUCT(INT((B1-A1+WEEKDAY(A1-{2,3,4,5,6}))/7))

    The bracketed array constant gives the Weekday numbers associated with days
    Monday through Friday. Change the bracketed array constant to get a count
    for other sets of days. For example, use {1,7} for weekend days (Saturdays
    and Sundays), or {2,4,6} for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

    This does not account for holidays. If you need to do this, prepare a list
    of holidays and reply back for more help. (Although I don't use NETWORKDAYS,
    I'm sure you'd have to do this in that case too).