EXCEL - LINKS cannot easily get list of all links & names in book

  1. #1
    Tuba Joe
    Guest

    EXCEL - LINKS cannot easily get list of all links & names in book

    I use a lot of references between sheets, and move worksheets from file to
    file. As a result, when opening it asks if I want to update information in
    the cells from another workbook.
    I would like to be able to find ALL the links, both cell references and
    names so that I can systematically either verify and connect the links, or
    disable the links. Now I must search each cell for external references.
    PROPOSAL - on request print a list of all the links. This would be similar
    to printing the names currently.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: EXCEL - LINKS cannot easily get list of all links & names in book

    Joe

    All suggestions can be submitted at.......

    BTW.....these news groups are not staffed nor monitored regularly by Microsoft
    employees, especially those in the development departments.

    Until Excel gets a native find links feature.............

    Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site.

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Default.htm

    Click on link to MVP's

    With this add-in you can find and delete links if any exist.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP