How can I remove hidden empty text cells from Excel?

  1. #1
    Bill Z1P
    Guest

    How can I remove hidden empty text cells from Excel?

    I have spreadsheets which contain empty text boxes that must have been
    created by Excel itself. I can not display the boxes because they are empty
    and, therefore, can not see them to then delete them. I come acroos them by
    chance as I move the cursor. The problem I face is that the spreadsheets are
    duplicated frequently as masters and the hidden text boxes also duplicate and
    are building up significantly. Does anybody else have this problem and a cure
    ?

    Help please.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How can I remove hidden empty text cells from Excel?

    If by text boxes you mean empty comments, then select the entire worksheet
    and pull-down:

    Edit > Clear > Comments
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    Or, if you actually do mean Text Boxes, do this:

    Click on Edit > Go to > Special

    Then click on Objects and then OK

    You now have all objects on the sheet highlighted. To move between them use the Tab key. Use the Delete key when you've got one highlighted that you don't want.