How do I use an if statement with Find and Replace

  1. #1
    Gerald
    Guest

    How do I use an if statement with Find and Replace

    I work with houses that have different elevations, that have different door
    types. I want to be able to select an elevation and then have it change all
    the door types to the type that goes with that name

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I use an if statement with Find and Replace

    Take a look here:

  3. #3
    Gerald
    Guest

    Re: How do I use an if statement with Find and Replace

    Thanks for responding that webpage did have some good info, but not what I
    was looking for. I need to edit an existing list of products. I need it to
    work something like this. The Standard option on the sheet is elevation A,
    with door type 1. When it has Elevation B, I use Find and Replace to change
    all the doors that are labeled type 1 to door type 2. I wanted to see if
    there was a way where I could choose the elevation and have it automaticly
    change all the door types, without having to redo the whole worksheet. Maybe
    the way I'm doing it is the easiest way to go, but if there was a way to
    combine the find and replace function with an if statement, that would be
    great