How do I search for specific text and sum the cell to the right?

  1. #1
    PacRat2001
    Guest

    How do I search for specific text and sum the cell to the right?

    How can I set up 1 cell to search for a specific text, then sum the cell next
    to it for as many instances of the text? Thanks for any help !

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How do I search for specific text and sum the cell to the right?

    Hi!

    Try this:

    Column A contains the text, column B contains the values to sum:

    =SUMIF(A1:A50,"text",B1:B50)

    OR:

    C1 = text

    =SUMIF(A1:A50,C1,B1:B50)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    PacRat2001
    Guest

    Re: How do I search for specific text and sum the cell to the righ

    Thanks Biff,

    Your first suggestion has done the trick for me.

    Much Appreciated ..... PacRat2001

  4. #4
    Biff