return a range of cells from a vertical lookup

  1. #1
    vickyb_au
    Guest

    return a range of cells from a vertical lookup

    I would like to know if I can return a range of cells (up to 30 columns to
    the right of the lookup) when using vertical lookup forula?????

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: return a range of cells from a vertical lookup

    To the best of my knowledge, VLOOKUP only returns one value.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alvin
    Guest

    RE: return a range of cells from a vertical lookup

    use array VLOOKUP

    the formula looks like :
    =VLOOKUP([key],[find in range],{2,3,4,...,31},0)

    suppose you the VLOOKUP result in A10:AD10. So select A10:AD10, type the
    formula above, press Ctrl+Shift+ENTER.