Making Array Formula, please assist!

  1. #1
    Macinslaw
    Guest

    Making Array Formula, please assist!

    I need to make an array formula that compares prod id's from 2 worksheets
    that are 4 digits long, then takes the value from the neighboring cell and
    differences them and posts that result into a new cell. Any assistacne will
    be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Making Array Formula, please assist!

    You need to be much more specific!

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Macinslaw
    Guest

    Re: Making Array Formula, please assist!

    Thanks, Biff. Here's the deal:

    I have 2 worksheets in the same workbook. I have data in both. I need to
    take column 'A' from worksheet 2 and compare those to column 'A' in worksheet
    1, if they are a match and no longer than 4 digits long, then column 'D' of
    that row will be multiplied by -1, then added to column 'C' of worksheet 1 of
    the corresponding row that was matched and the result placed into row 'E' of
    worksheet 1 of the same corresponding row.

    Clearer? LOL

    That's what I need to do and I'm pulling my hair out!

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Making Array Formula, please assist!

    That description does help but this is something I would need to actually
    see to give the correct solution. If you can send me a copy of your file I'd
    have a better idea of what you are wanting to do. If you can do that I'm at:

    xl can help at comcast period net (remove can)