Combined VLOOKUP AND BETWEEN FUNCTION

  1. #1
    Louis Markowski
    Guest

    Combined VLOOKUP AND BETWEEN FUNCTION

    Hello,

    I have a date in Column A
    What I am trying to accomplish is assigning a week value to this in Column C
    being 1-5, pending on the date. Column B I have the month assigned based of
    the date for pivot table purposes. example below.

    A1 = 10/01/2005
    B1 = October
    C1 = 1

    C1 being formulated to pull of a predefined table or if anyone has a better
    suggestion please help!

    Thank you.
    Lou

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Combined VLOOKUP AND BETWEEN FUNCTION

    It depends upon how you determine the week number. For instance, does the
    week always start at the first, if so, just use =INT((DAY(A1)+6)/7). If it
    starts on a day of the week, say Sunday, you need something like

    =INT((A1-IF(WEEKDAY(DATEVALUE("01-"&A2&YEAR(TODAY())))=1,DATEVALUE("01-"&A2&
    YEAR(TODAY())),DATEVALUE("01-"&A2&YEAR(TODAY()))-WEEKDAY(DATEVALUE("01-"&A2&
    YEAR(TODAY())),2))+7)/7)

    Bob Phillips

    "Louis Markowski" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alok
    Guest

    RE: Combined VLOOKUP AND BETWEEN FUNCTION

    You can use the following formula to get the date from the cell A1
    =TEXT(A1,"d")
    Alok

  4. #4
    Alok
    Guest

    RE: Combined VLOOKUP AND BETWEEN FUNCTION

    Sorry. Did not read the post - thought OP wanted the formula for the day from
    the date!

    Alok