Please help, i need a fomula

  1. #1
    Age Formula??
    Guest

    Please help, i need a fomula

    hi
    I was wondering if anyone had a solution?
    I have a formula cell with a date of birth and a cell with the date now, and
    i wanted to know whether i could work out a cell to work out a formula for
    excel to work out an age, and automatically change with the current date.
    Is this at all possable?
    please email me with your responce to [email protected].

    Thank you so much.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Age Formula??
    hi
    I was wondering if anyone had a solution?
    I have a formula cell with a date of birth and a cell with the date now, and
    i wanted to know whether i could work out a cell to work out a formula for
    excel to work out an age, and automatically change with the current date.
    Is this at all possable?
    please email me with your responce to [email protected].

    Thank you so much.
    Hi Age Formula

    In cell A1 put the Date of birth, in B1 put this formula =TODAY(), in C1 put this formula =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")
    Paul

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Please help, i need a fomula

    Hi

    One way
    =DATEDIF(DOB,Today(),"y") to return years
    =DATEDIF(DOB,Today(),"ym") to return months
    =DATEDIF(DOB,Today(),"md") to return days

    where DOB represents the cell containing Date of Birth.

    =DATEDIF(DOB,Today(),"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(DOB,Today(),"ym")&" months
    "&DATEDIF(DOB,Today(),"md")&" days"

    Regards

    Roger Govier