Project planning with Excel

  1. #1

    Project planning with Excel

    Greetings everyone,

    I am constructing an excel sheet to keep track on the hours my teams are spending on certain projects.

    I would like to sum all the hour reports into one cell which should be no problem. However I have some difficulties with the cell formats [h]:mm which does not convert the value in the the output I would expect.

    Example:

    09:00 - 19:00 = 10:00 (timeformat)
    09:00 - 19:00 = 10:00
    09:00 - 19:00 = 10:00

    Total should be 30:00 but that wont work neither with timeformat or [h]:mm.

    Does anyone have a tip for this ??

    Thanks alot in advance :D

  2. #2
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Project planning with Excel

    you seem on the right track.

    What doesn't work?

  3. #3
    Netherlands

    Arrow possible solution

    This is how I see your problem can be solved!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Thanks alot man. You saved my day :D

  5. #5
    Netherlands

    Exclamation One more problem

    One little problem problem:
    The default time format does not allow a time value to exceed 24 hours. For example, by entering a time of 28:56:00, the result is 04:56:00.

    Solution:
    Change the format of the cell by placing brackets around the hour, [HH]:MM:SS. The result is displayed as 28:56:00.

  6. #6
    Netherlands

    Cool

    last update
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #7

    So far so good...

    It also has to be able to work under these conditions which it wont...

    21:00 - 03:00 = 06:00
    10:00 - 17:00 = 07:00

    Total usage = 13:00

  8. #8
    Netherlands
    Here it is!!!
    I added dates to the cell-format.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9

    I appreciate it

    But it doesnt really work the way I need it to work. I guess I really need someone to look at the specific set up in order to be able to see exactly what I mean.

    But thanks alot for the great work you did and posted.