How to count the number of times something occurs within a certain month

  1. #1
    Joyce
    Guest

    How to count the number of times something occurs within a certain month

    Hi,

    Does anyone have a suggestion on how I should do the following?

    I have a table column that contains dates like,

    1 Feb 05
    6 Feb 05
    27 Feb 05
    7 Mar 05
    20 Mar 05

    I want to be able to count Feb = 3 and Mar = 2.

    Thanks!
    Joyce

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How to count the number of times something occurs within a certainmonth

    Hi Joyce

    One way
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$1:$A$100)=2)
    for February
    Change to 3 for March etc. or put the Month number required in a cell and
    refer to the cell
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$1:$A$100)=B1)

    Regards

    Roger Govier