I need to create an array formula combined with a countif

  1. #1
    Rochelle B
    Guest

    I need to create an array formula combined with a countif

    I need to only count the "C" in one array, but only if there is a C1 in the
    adject cell

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: I need to create an array formula combined with a countif

    Hi!

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="C"),--(B1:B100="C1"))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rochelle B
    Guest

    Re: I need to create an array formula combined with a countif

    I am not understanding the (--, please forgive me if this is a stupid
    question, it's late and I am tired and need to finish this for a report in
    the morning.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: I need to create an array formula combined with a countif

    Hi!

    Each element of the arrays:

    (A1:A100="C")
    (B1:B100="C1")

    return either TRUE or FALSE

    "--" converts these to 1's and 0's which Sumproduct can then process.

  5. #5
    Rochelle B
    Guest

    Re: I need to create an array formula combined with a countif

    I will give it a try, I just posted this same question but a lot more
    detailed, maybe it will make more sense. I am not familiar with this type of
    formula, so I am not sure it will work. Please read my other posting.

  6. #6
    Rochelle B
    Guest

    Re: I need to create an array formula combined with a countif

    You are the bomb! IT WORKS!!!! I have never known anything about t he '--'
    before and I am not clear how it works, but it did - perfectly!