multiple selections in a sumif functions

  1. #1
    Frank
    Guest

    multiple selections in a sumif functions

    Can someone please help me with the following problem as a whole day of
    surfing over the internet did not help:

    I want to make a selection that when column A is cost and column B is apple
    that the answer is 80 (sum of column C) as in the spreadsheet below:
    A B C
    cost apple 10
    cost tomato 20
    revenue apple 50
    revenue tomato 30
    cost apple 30
    revenue tomato 20
    cost tomato 10
    cost apple 40

    Your help is much appreciated!

    Best regards,

    Frank

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: multiple selections in a sumif functions

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20="cost"),--(B1:B20="apple"),C1:C20)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    William Horton
    Guest

    RE: multiple selections in a sumif functions

    Frank,

    Copy the below formula exactly like it is (including dashes --) in whatever
    cell you want the answer. I am assuming your data is in cells A2:C9.
    Therefore, you may have to change the data ranges.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A9="cost"),--(B2:B9="apple"),C2:C9)

    This should produce the answer of 80 that you are looking for.

    Hope this helps.

    Bill Horton