Text to columns delimited by carriage return

  1. #1
    EMG03
    Guest

    Text to columns delimited by carriage return

    I have a column where each cell has values that are separated by a carriage
    return, and I want to do a Text to Column action delimited by the carriage
    returns. What is the best way to do this?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Text to columns delimited by carriage return

    In the second step after choosing delimited, select other, put the cursor in
    the box and hold down alt while typing 010 on the numpad, release alt

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Text to columns delimited by carriage return

    In the "delimited by" enter ALT + 0010(from the numpad)

    Alternative might be ALT + 0013

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP