blank cells with auto fill in excel

  1. #1
    derecl
    Guest

    blank cells with auto fill in excel

    I have shading in blank cells with shows me it has auto fill, when I write in
    the cells the shading disappears. Two questions - 1) how do I delete it and
    2) how do I insert it without dragging the cell formula. Thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: blank cells with auto fill in excel

    Difficult to get a good picture from your description.

    What does auto-fill have to do with blank cells?

    Are your cells shaded due to Conditional Formatting?

    CF>Formula is......=ISBLANK(A1) would shade the cell if nothing in the cell.

    To delete this CF select the cell and Format>CF>Clear All

    To insert this CF in many cells, select all the cells and type in the above
    formula to enter it in all selected cells.

    The A1 will change to each cell's address.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    derecl
    Guest

    RE: blank cells with auto fill in excel

    That is exactly what is was, thank you very much

  4. #4
    derecl