Formula Constant

  1. #1
    dale1948
    Guest

    Formula Constant

    I'm using Excel 2003 to develop a 2006 P&L budget. If Total Sales equals
    100%, then, I want to use number in this cell as a constant divisor. I want
    each cell in the column to be divided by this constant. There are over 100
    expense lines, so manually entering the formula would be a pain. I tried
    copy/paste special and the divisor moves to the next row down.

    Can you help?

    Thanks!

    Dale

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Formula Constant

    Let's assume your constant is stored in cell A1. In your formula, refer to
    A1 as $A$1. This will prevent Excel from adjusting that reference when you
    copy & paste.

  3. #3
    Barry
    Guest

    RE: Formula Constant

    to keep a constant cell for cell a1 use $a$1