Why doesn't my resized worksheet have a minimize or close box in .

  1. #1
    Wade www
    Guest

    Why doesn't my resized worksheet have a minimize or close box in .

    The specific workbook opens each worksheet as a resized window about 95% of
    screen with no minimize, resize, or close box in the top blue title bar of
    the worksheet. One worksheet Columns A and B appear hidden or off screen
    with a windows split pane. They cannot be restored (not even with the format
    column unhide executed from the worksheet global box selected using
    format/columns/ unhide. The windows split and unfreeze options are grayed
    out.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Why doesn't my resized worksheet have a minimize or close boxin .

    The Workbook windows are protected.

    To unprotect them (you may need a password):
    Choose Tools>Protections>Unprotect workbook

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Wade www
    Guest

    Re: Why doesn't my resized worksheet have a minimize or close box

    Thought that also, but the worksheet does not appear to be protected.
    Although another user tried to protect the worksheet at one point, her
    password will not unprotect it. I can also enter in any cell and when I
    choose "Tools>Protection" I see the both the "unprotect" and the "protect"
    options are available, making me believe it is not protected and the problem
    is more than a "forgotten password".

    More ideas?
    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Why doesn't my resized worksheet have a minimize or close box

    The worksheet may be unprotected, but the workBOOK is protected.
    They're two separate commands on the Tools>Protection menu.