Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

  1. #1
    Matt D Francis
    Guest

    Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

    Hi

    I have a simple pivot table where many of the values are showing as 0%. This
    has been done by formatting the field as "% Of Column". I then rounded the
    decimal places down to none. It looks like this:

    WARD APRIL MAY
    F1 1% 4%
    F2 0% 2%
    F3 17% 0%
    F4 0% 1%

    etc.

    What I want to do is hide the 0% figures. I can't see how to do this as the
    actual value in the cell in many cases is not zero. For example the value for
    F2 in April is 6 out of an April total of 1939, so is actually 0.31%, which
    rounded to no decimal places is 0% which I want to show.

    Conditional Formatting won't work as this works on the number value sof the
    cell, not the %. As the total numbers vary for each month/column I can't
    make a rule.

    Any suggestions as to how I can get the cells showing 0% to appear blank
    without formatting them individually?

  2. #2
    topola
    Guest

    Re: Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

    Select > Entire Table
    Select > Data
    CTRL + 1 (Format Cells)
    Custom> Type: (type the following 0%;-0%;-

    6/1939 = 0.3% looks like 0% will be left on screen. Real zeros will be
    shown as "-".

    Tomek Polak, http://vba.blog.onet.pl

  3. #3
    Matt D Francis
    Guest

    Re: Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

    Thanks but that doesn't seem to work. The cells are showing as % already. I
    want the cells that are showing 0% to appear empty, even though some of these
    cells actually contain a number <> 0. I can hide the genuine zero values
    using conditional formatting.

  4. #4
    topola
    Guest

    Re: Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

    I would than just use =Round(X,2) for you row data just producing real
    zeros for this purpose. TP

  5. #5
    Matt D Francis
    Guest

    Re: Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

    Makes sense but how can I do that? The % figure I see is being calcuated by
    the Pivot from a count of values in a column on a separate worksheet, I can't
    view the formual it uses.