Setting up a fiile/template to generate a new number when opened?

  1. #1
    Ladybug726
    Guest

    Setting up a fiile/template to generate a new number when opened?

    I have designed a Service Work Order form in Excel. What can I do to have it
    generate a new number each time the template is opened? Is there a formula,
    function, or macro I could use that would achieve this result? A header with
    page numbering to automatically advance the number doesn't work because each
    work order must have its own number. If Microsoft Office 2003 does not have
    this capability, can you direct me to where I might find software or a
    plug-in that will accomplish this task for me?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Setting up a fiile/template to generate a new number when opened?

    Hi, Bug. You need a macro. See:
    Shared environment: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=351
    Other: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=349
    Anne Troy