Look up a list of prices

  1. #1
    Numpty
    Guest

    Look up a list of prices

    I am trying to find out how to get excel look up prices for approx 200
    lines on a quotation from a price list using part numbers and then
    enter the prices beside each item.
    I think this is a job for vlookup but I can't get it to work.

    Help please

    --
    Numpty

  2. #2
    Naz
    Guest

    RE: Look up a list of prices

    Assuming you parts data is set up as follows

    A B
    1 Part Price
    2 A1001 25
    3 A1002 26
    4 A1003 27
    5 A1004 28
    6 A1005 29
    7 A1006 25
    8 A1007 26
    9 A1008 27
    10 A1009 28

    And say you wanted to enter the code in Cell A20 and have the price appear
    in Cell B20..this is the formula you would put in B20

    A20 B20
    A1001 =IF(A20="","",VLOOKUP(A20,$A$1:$B$10,2,FALSE))

    Result > 25

    Naz,
    London