lookup tables

  1. #1
    Pat
    Guest

    lookup tables

    I am building a mapping of our chart of accounts to produce financial
    statements. I am using the account number as my main lookup. However, I have
    different branches and some of them do not have the same account numbers - so
    the lookup function is returning the closest value. What can I do? Thank you
    --
    Pat

  2. #2
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: lookup tables

    If must set the last argument of the lookup function to false to force
    it to make exact matches eg
    =VLOOKUP(A1,$B$2:$B$5,FALSE)

    Hope this helps
    Rowan