shortcut for merging selected cells would be nice.

  1. #1
    drgb
    Guest

    shortcut for merging selected cells would be nice.

    if one exists I can't find it.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: shortcut for merging selected cells would be nice.

    Merging cells is one of the worst Excel features and should be avoided in
    99.9% of the cases where it is used. It messes with formatting and selecting
    ranges and adds next to nothing that can't be accomplished better by using
    Format->Cells->Alignment and, under Horizontal Alignment, selecting Center
    Across Selection.

    Having said that, if you insist on merging cells, there's an icon for it on
    the default Formatting toolbar. It looks like a little white box with an 'a'
    and some arrows in it.

  3. #3
    I agree that merging cells should try and be avoided but the other thing you can do is set up a custom toolbar with merge and unmerge buttons.

    The button with the A in the middle is merge and center but you can also place buttons on there that merge cells, un-merge, and merge across.

    -Matt