How do I create a list from a large spreadsheet without headings

  1. #1
    HayRad
    Guest

    How do I create a list from a large spreadsheet without headings

    I have typed a large list of staff without headings, but want to list them by
    their type of job - worksheet includes person and the type of job they do

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: How do I create a list from a large spreadsheet without headings

    I'm not clear on exactly what's the desired result, but a couple things come
    to mind. First, DO insert that header row (click on row 1, then on the menu
    bar Insert > Rows, and enter labels: Name, Job).
    Now, you can sort: click a cell in your table and Data > Sort, and choose
    to sort by Job then by Name, so now your table is organized by job.
    Or you can filter so that you see only one job type listed at a time. Click
    a cell in your table and Data > Filter > Autofilter. Use the drop-down in
    the Job column and choose a particular job; the others will be hidden
    (though still present). So you could, for instance, easily print a list of
    all the Administrators, etc.
    If you can be more specific about what you want to do with each group,
    perhaps we can be more helpful.
    --Bruce