Help I am going crazy with this formula.

  1. #1
    California

    Question Help I am going crazy with this formula.

    whatever number I enter into cell M2 I would like for that number to show down the whole column K.

    Ex. in cell M2 I enter the number 100, I should then see 100 in column K in the range of k2:k51.

    How can I make this possible. Any help would surely be appreciated.

    Thank you in advance. I know this may sound silly but its hurting my brain. lol

    Lazarus
    in Ca.
    laz

  2. #2
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Help I am going crazy with this formula.

    Type in K2: =$M$2 and fill down until K51!
    Regards,
    Stefi

    „laz” ezt *rta:

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help I am going crazy with this formula.

    Select K2:K51
    Type 100
    Hit Ctrl-Enter rather than just Enter

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    MUMBAI-INDIA

    use of $ sign

    Hi,
    laz

    if u want to enter value M2=100 , which would appeared in cell K2:K51
    u have to enter formula in cell K2 :K51 = $M$2

    the purpose of using " $" before M is to Fix Index of Row whereas
    putting "$" after M indicates that Column Index has been fixed.

    hence by Putting "$M$2', Row as well as Column index has ben fixed
    which gives value of cell M2 in copied cell.

  5. #5
    California

    Thank you everyone.

    thank you everyone who took the time to help me, may you be blessed 10 times over.

    laz