looking for latest selling price..

  1. #1
    Lawrence
    Guest

    looking for latest selling price..

    i have a file like this...

    Items Date price
    AAA 15.5.2005 1.5
    BBB 16.5.2005 1.6
    CCC 17.5.2005 1.4
    DDD 18.5.2005 2.3
    AAA 19.5.2005 1.4
    CCC 20.5.2005 1.3
    VVV 21.5.2005 1.2

    in another worksheet i have a worksheet like this...but without the price
    and date

    Items Date Price
    AAA ??? ???
    BBB ??? ???
    CCC ??? ???
    DDD ??? ???
    VVV ??? ???

    can i know how to find the latest selling price in second worksheet???

    if possible for both price and date...

    thanks...

  2. #2
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: looking for latest selling price..

    www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html

    check out this site, it may give you some ideas

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: looking for latest selling price..

    try using =MATCH("ddd",a:a) to find the row and then use INDEX for the
    column or a macro to do it all.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Roland
    Guest

    RE: looking for latest selling price..

    Lawrence,

    Post your e-mail address and I send you a little spreadsheet that takes
    care of this.

  5. #5
    Roland
    Guest

    RE: looking for latest selling price..

    Lawrence,
    This link goes to the file I mentioned. No need to post your e-mail
    address.

    http://www.anywhereenterprises.com:8...OWOAApQZOAAIOQ