my sumif statement brings back mutiple answers, how do I fix it?

  1. #1
    graham
    Guest

    my sumif statement brings back mutiple answers, how do I fix it?

    I am trying to write a sumif statment that looks up a date. In my array the
    criteria is showing up twice. How could i write a statement that would bring
    back the answer from the closest date.

  2. #2
    William Horton
    Guest

    RE: my sumif statement brings back mutiple answers, how do I fix it?

    Not sure what your formula / criteria is but perhaps you could add a Max or
    Min to it.

  3. #3
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: my sumif statement brings back mutiple answers, how do I fix it?

    graham,

    the closest to what? When you say "the criteria is showing up twice", I
    understand that in the date column your lookup value appears twice. If
    so, then SUMIF() is designed to get you the sum for this date, no
    matter how many times it appears.

    So, if the two days are the same, does closest mean "most recently
    entered (therefore further down the worksheet)"?. Is there another
    column for which we want the highest value for the given date?