Using Excel in different countries

  1. #1
    Giri
    Guest

    Using Excel in different countries

    I was in France was attempting to use an EXCEL spreadsheet.

    As the computer in France uses the French language the spreadsheet is
    converted, by EXCEL, into French. This works fine except that the function
    'RANDBETWEEN' uses in several columns (eg column D in Raw Data Run 1 sheet)
    did not translate and the spreadsheet did not function correctly.

    By physically entering the cell and then clicking onto another cell it then
    works (but this has to be done for very cell!).

    Please can you advise how this spreadsheet can be used in France (and
    possibly in other non-English areas).

  2. #2
    Skin
    Guest

    Re: Using Excel in different countries

    Have you tried changing - System > International > Keyboard from French to
    English.
    Paul

    On 17/11/05 12:48 PM, in article
    [email protected], "Giri"

  3. #3
    irresistible007
    Guest

    Re: Using Excel in different countries

    in windows Click Start button>Microsoft office>Microsoft office tools>
    Language settings

    --
    irresistible007

    irresistible007's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m63
    View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t2287751

  4. #4
    Giri
    Guest

    RE: Using Excel in different countries

    Hi,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I tried adding english to the Language settings but this does not seem to
    work. Besides the problem happens because the functions are getting converted
    into French except for 1 of them.

    Unfortunatley I am not able to change the Keyboard settings as the computer
    uses a French Keyboard.
    Is there any way by which the the function conversion can be prevented?
    Thanks in advance