find all combinations of cells that add up to certain number

  1. #1
    AD
    Guest

    find all combinations of cells that add up to certain number

    Hi there,

    I work in accounting and we're trying to tie numbers very often. I would
    like to know of a possible function or code that can output all possible
    combinations of cells in a column in an Excel Worksheet that add up to a
    certain number I enter in the adjacent column. This will help me narrow down
    to the possible combinations of numbers that add up to the number I am
    researching.

    Any help would greatly be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    AD!

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: find all combinations of cells that add up to certain number

    Do NOT post the same question to more than one newsgroup!

    Do a Google search & you will find several threads on this subject

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr..._ugroup=*excel