How do I create a function to search a range for a number and...

  1. #1
    NECCExcel
    Guest

    How do I create a function to search a range for a number and...

    then return the value of the cell next to that number to a given cell?

  2. #2
    GerryK
    Guest

    RE: How do I create a function to search a range for a number and...

    With limited information, here is an example you can adjust:
    Put some text in A1 to F1
    Put some numbers in A2 to F2

    Then in a cell somewhere put:
    =INDEX($A$1:$F$1,MATCH(LARGE(A2:F2,2),A2:F2,))

    This will look for the second largest number from row 2 and return the
    adjacent text from row 1.

    HTH
    GerryK

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a function to search a range for a number and...

    You can use the VLOOKUP function to do this. See help for more
    details.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "NECCExcel" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    news:[email protected]...