How to find a range of numbers?

  1. #1
    DORI
    Guest

    How to find a range of numbers?

    I am creating a worksheet for my work. I have a chart (200 rows by 20
    columns) of data (all numbers). I want to enter a number and would want the
    Excel to look it up in the chart and tell me where the number is located in
    relation to the title of the column and the row. Can any one help me what
    formula I should use?
    Thank you in advance.
    DORI

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: How to find a range of numbers?

    This may be a repost....my PC did something *funny*

    See if this gets you pointed in the right direction:

    With your table in cells B2:U201

    A1: (the number you are trying to find)
    A2: ="RowRef:"&SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:U201=A1)*ROW(B2:U201))&"
    ColRef:"&SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:U201=A1)*COLUMN(B2:U201))

    (That formula is all in one cell)

    Adjust references to suit your situation.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3
    DORI
    Guest

    RE: How to find a range of numbers?

    Thank you Ron, you are a genius.
    Dori

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: How to find a range of numbers?

    You're very welcome. I'm just glad I could help.

    Regards,
    Ron