Can you recalculate an individual excel cell in isolation?

  1. #1
    Dobey Kweeg
    Guest

    Can you recalculate an individual excel cell in isolation?

    I know you can manually recalculate a workbook by pressing f9, or an
    individual sheet by pressing shift f9, but can you recalculate specific cells
    and leave other cells on the same sheet unchanged, where they do not refer to
    one another? (This is in Excel 2003)

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Can you recalculate an individual excel cell in isolation?

    Tools|Options|Calculation, and check "Manual" Then you can re-enter the
    individual formulas that you want recalculated (select the cell, put the
    cursor into the formula bar and press Enter [or Ctrl-Shift-Enter if it
    is an array formula]).

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Can you recalculate an individual excel cell in isolation?

    Yes. Select Manual mode. Update data cells and the formula results will not
    change. TO update only a specific cell:

    1. select it
    2. click in the formula bar
    3. touch enter

    Only that selected cell will be updated.
    --
    Gary's Student