how to use "IF" to do nothing if a cell is blank

  1. #1
    jimpc27
    Guest

    how to use "IF" to do nothing if a cell is blank

    i want the "IF" statement to leave a cell blank if the referenced cell is
    blank. But, if the referenced cell contains a numeric value, then I want the
    new location to perform an operation based on the referenced value. For
    example, =IF(G186=0,,(G186+2)) works most of the the time but I really want
    =IF(G186=blank,,(G186+2)), so that if G186 was blank nothing would happen.

  2. #2
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: how to use "IF" to do nothing if a cell is blank

    Try:

    =IF(ISBLANK(G186),"",G186+2)

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: how to use "IF" to do nothing if a cell is blank

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =IF(G186="","",G186+2)

    Biff