Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

  1. #1
    PRICEMGR
    Guest

    ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

    We manage prices of thousands of items that are especially volatile
    currently. We want to round all cents <.49 as .49 and >.50 as .99. As the
    cell contents are already a formula result, I'd like to "tack on" something
    else, if possible, rather than adding another column. I've reviewed the
    current "rounding" topics and can't quite find the working of conditionals..
    Thanks All from a new participant!
    --
    TENNISPLAYER

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

    Hi!

    What if a price is $15.00, do you want that rounded to $15.49?

    Try this:

    =IF(MOD(your_formula,1)<0.5,INT(your_formula)+0.49,INT(your_formula)+0.99)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

    Hi

    Maybe
    =ROUND(A1+0.01;1)-0.01

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

  4. #4
    PRICEMGR
    Guest

    Re: ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

    THIS IS A GREAT SOLUTION! For both signage and to denote for sales staff the
    current years inventory, we use pricing levels that rotate common endings.
    Next year maybe ..98 or .97, etc. This solution automates what used to be
    ALOT of hand tuning of our excel based price tables!
    Many Thanks!
    --
    TENNISPLAYER

  5. #5
    PRICEMGR
    Guest

    Re: ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

    Thanks for responding! I entered the formula result of my pricing routine as
    "A1" in your function and received an error. I'm trying to puzzle out how to
    fix the problem. I have received one solution that works, but I know there is
    often many alternates to a problem and I want to learn from them all...
    The error highlights "0.01" in the middle of the function statement...
    --
    TENNISPLAYER

  6. #6
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

    TENNISPLAYER,

    The error was the use of ; rather than , (which is the separation character used by the author), but
    that formula wouldn't have worked for you anyway. A similar formula that would work is

    =ROUNDUP(2*(A1+0.01),0)/2-0.01

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  7. #7
    Hajipur
    MS-Off Ver

    Question Re: ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

    Suggest a formula for the particular output.

    A value between, their output should be

    0 - 50 : 49
    51-100 : 99
    101-150 :149
    151-200 : 199
    201-250 : 249
    251-300 : 299

    and so on

  8. #8
    Forum Moderator AliGW's Avatar
    Retired in Ipswich, Suffolk, but grew up in Sawley, Derbyshire (England)
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365 Subscription Insider Beta Channel v. 2404 (Windows 11 22H2 64-bit)
    Posts
    80,978

    Re: ROUND CENTS TO EITHER 49 OR 99 AMOUNTS

    Administrative Note:

    We are happy to help, however whilst you feel your request is similar to this thread, experience has shown that things soon get confusing when answers refer to particular cells/ranges/sheets which are unique to your post and not relevant to the original.

    Please see Forum Rule #4 about hijacking and start a new thread for your query.

    If you are not familiar with how to start a new thread see the FAQ: How to start a new thread
    Ali

    Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    Don't forget to say "thank you" in your thread to anyone who has offered you help.
    You can reward them by clicking on * Add Reputation below their user name on the left, if you wish.

    Forum Rules (updated August 2023): please read them here.

Closed Thread