Find a negative number in a range

  1. #1
    Scott at Culvers
    Guest

    Find a negative number in a range

    I'm trying to search through a range of numbers for any numbers that are
    negative. The range is a hidden column, and I need to determine if there is
    a negative number anywhere in the column. Is there a function to do so?

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Find a negative number in a range

    Hi Scott

    One way
    =COUNTIF(D:D,"<0")
    where D is your hidden column.
    This will give you a count of the negative numbers, but not tell you where
    they are within the column.

    Regards

    Roger Govier