Formula/Array question with dates

  1. #1
    Renee
    Guest

    Formula/Array question with dates

    Good afternoon all,
    I have a starting date column, the first value is in F3 (2/13/2006).
    I have an ending date column, the first value is in F4 (4/21/2006).

    In H2:N77 I have a 2006 calendar. H2 is merged through M2, and contains
    "January". N2 contains 1/1/2006. H3:N7 display the January calendar with 4
    blank cells (K7 - N7). This repeats respectively for the remaining months.

    Goal:
    When a stating date is selected, highlight the event range on the calendar.
    Example:
    If F3 is selected, Highlight 2/13/2006 (I11) through 4/21/2006 (M24).

    If anyone knows of an article or reference where I can learn more
    information to solve this, it would be greatly appreciated!

    Thank you much, and Happy early Thanksgiving!
    Renee

  2. #2
    DOR
    Guest

    Re: Formula/Array question with dates

    Select the entire calendar area from H3 to Nxx, where Nxx is the bottom
    right hand corner. Then use conditional formatting to define how you
    want to highlight the event range, as follows:

    Click Format>Conditional Formatting on the menu.

    In the second white box from the left choose "between". In the next
    box to the right enter =$F$2. In the next box to the right enter
    =$F$3. (You could also enter these cell references simply by clicking
    in the box and then clicking the appropriate cell). Then click the
    format button, under the right hand box. This will bring up a
    formatting dialog box where you can set the background color and
    pattern (Patterns tab), font attributes and border attributes. Do this
    and OK your way out.

    HTH

    Declan O'R